FAQs – Extra Curricular


Q1. Can school premises be rented for social purposes/clubs?

A1. Yes. Any requests should be directed to the School Letting department of the City Council. This can be done by e-mailing school.lets@edinburgh.gov.uk or by phoning the Council on 0131 200 2000 and asking for ‘School Lets’.

The scale of charges varies depending on the time and day of the let and on the nature of the group requesting it.

Q2. Can more feedback be given regarding extra-curricular clubs held on the school premises?

A2. Parents should be in touch with the organisers of each club to request specific information or feedback about how the club runs of how their child is participating. Contact details for clubs will have been given to you with your letter.

Q3. Are extra-curricular achievements e.g. gymnastics medals recognised at school assemblies?

A3. Yes. Children’s wider achievements are regularly recognised at assemblies. This often includes the re-presentation of certificates and medals that are won outside school. We also photograph children and this is displayed on our achievements board.