Friday 26th June:
Hello and Goodbye Primary 1
We would all like to say thank you so much for all your hard work this year. You have come on so far and we are so sad that we didn’t get to end the year and say goodbye properly.
All the P1 teachers and other adults have really enjoyed working with you and we want to say a final goodbye to you all.
Please make sure you say hello to us all when you come back. Mr Harper and Ms Pincock will have a great time with you all in Primary Two.
Here is a little gift from us all. Check your Learning Journals to download and print it off as a little keepsake from Primary 1.
Have a great summer and keep smiling!!
Thursday 25th June:
Here is a video message from your P2A teacher – Mr Harper!
Wednesday 24th June:
Aujourd’hui c’est mercredi, le vingt quatre juin
Today is your last Wednesday as a P1 – isn’t that amazing? We are going to have a quiz today but before we start, we need to get our bodies and brains moving… I know that lots of you love this song and it’s a good one for getting our minds active. Let’s get moving!
Wow! So your bodies and brains should be warmed up to try to answer these questions about some of our learning in Primary 1!
- Name the two days of the week beginning with the letter s for snake.
- What shape has three sides?
- Name three things that help to keep your body healthy. Remember Gobble our monster chum….
- How many new words can you make with these letters? (you can only use them once in every word, for example: past) s a t p i n
- How many actions can you remember for your sounds? Show an adult.
- Can you name our school value that starts with a ‘k’ sound. hint – we used to put leaves on our tree if we were this!
- What is the name of the cosy bag that a caterpillar makes as it turns in to a butterfly?
- How many tricky words can you think of beginning with t?
- Can you finish this number sequence to 20: 2, 4, 6…
- Which characters did the teachers dress up as on World Book Day…?
Good luck with answering the quiz questions. I hope you have fun thinking about some of the things we did this year.
Monday 22nd June:
Aujourd’hui c’est lundi, le vingt deux juin
Like Amelia in today’s story, we have come so far and grown so much in P1 – I can hardly believe this is our last week before we turn into P2s!
This week you have some challenges in your Transition Grid and you also have a Transition Passport to work on. Another challenge for today: have a think about your year in Primary 1. I have enjoyed so much about this year but especially getting to know all of you, learning and laughing lots! Tell an adult the things that have you enjoyed the most from P1.
I have lots of memories from this year but I really enjoyed having lots of fun dancing around the classroom to some of our favourite songs, like the ones below. You could listen to them with your family and dance around?!
Remember to challenge yourself with your reading and sumdog challenges over your last week as a P1… 😊
Have a happy last Monday as a P1!
See you tomorrow,