Friday 26th June:
Good morning P3B!
It’s the summer holidays!!!
It’s our final day of Primary 3 and time to say goodbye. I have loved being your teacher this year and I am so proud of you all for working so hard and being such a wonderful and kind class! I know it has been a strange and difficult end to Primary 3, but we have lots of happy memories to look back on and so much to look forward to as well! I know you are all going to be amazing in Primary 4 and you will have such a good year with Mrs Bennett! I wish each and every one of you the very best!
Thank you to the parents and carers in Primary 3 for all of your hard work, especially over the last few months. Thank you for your continued support.
Now it’s time to unwind, relax, and have fun! I hope you have a fantastic summer!
A copy of these pictures will be sent to your Learning Journals. If you would like, you can print them out and hang them on your wall or keep them somewhere special!
Happy holidays from Miss Chuwen…
I can’t believe it is summer already!! It’s been great working with you all and getting to know you during your art/dance/drama slots this year. We have had lots of fun playing games and learning together (even if it did take me a while to learn all your names!) I’ve also loved taking over your blogs during the lockdown and thoroughly enjoyed all the creative ideas and work you’ve sent me.
I hope you all have a lovely summer holiday. It might not be like the summers you are used to but I hope you use it as a chance to relax and have lots of fun!
See you in August!
Answers to P3B quiz:
- Kindness, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility
- Shannon in P3A and Torin in P3B
- St. Margaret’s
- Mons Meg
- Ice Warrior
- A poem
- I Like To Move It
- Frozen berries, strawberries, yogurt, honey
- Magpie, crow, blackbird, robin, seagull, chaffinch, blue tit (any other sensible answers!)
- Potatoes, peas and butternut squash
- It’s A Baby
- 17 (in a 5, 7, 5 pattern)
- Little Miss Naughty!
Thursday 25th June:
Here is a video message from your P4B teacher – Mrs Bennett!
Wednesday 24th June:
Good morning P3B!
I hope you are having a great week! Here are some final pictures of the amazing home learning going on!
Today’s task on the Transition Week grid is to try out our P3 quiz. Find the questions below and see if you can answer them!
- Name all four of our new school values.
- What is Mrs Dale’s frog called?
- When Archie visits us in school, what is the number one rule?
- Finish off Persevering Penny’s saying: “Find a new route and give frustration the_____.”
- Who in P3 recited their poem in front of the whole school for the Scots Language Week assembly?
- Name the Scots poem you recited during Scots language week.
- What was the name of the little chapel within Edinburgh Castle?
- What time did the soldier fire the gun at the castle?
- What was the name of the big canon at the castle?
- What was the name of the alien we created for our character descriptions?
- What is a haiku?
- What song did you dance to with Simon Says dance?
- What were the main ingredients in the smoothies we made?
- We all took part in the RSPB’s Big Schools’ Birdwatch. Name 3 birds we saw.
- What did P3 and Mrs Dalley plant in the allotment last term?
- What did we paint for the Scots Language Week art competition?
- What was the name of our Nativity show this year?
- What instrument did you play in our Nativity show?
- How many syllables does a haiku have?
- Who did I dress up as for Book Week?
Have a super day!
Monday 22nd June:
Good morning P3B!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
We have made it to our final week of Primary 3! This week is a little bit different as it is Transition Week and you have been given a Transition Passport to fill out throughout the week, as well as some other tasks on the grid.
Have a look at the grid and see if you can fill out the pages for Monday and try some of the other tasks.
Although the Transition Week grid is our main focus this week, try to still do a little bit of reading every day. Mrs Dale shared the book ‘How to NOT go to School. Parsley Mimblewood Saves the World‘ with me a few weeks ago and if you haven’t read it yet, you could maybe read through it this week. There is now also a new book called ‘How to go BACK to School. Parsley Mimblewood Saves the World Again‘ which you could maybe read in the summer holidays. You can find both books on the website below:
Remember, you can also read a huge variety of books on Oxford Owl.
Try to also do a bit of maths this week, by practising your times tables or going on Sumdog. There will be two Sumdog challenges set for you this week.
I also wanted to share with you the end of Miss Chuwen’s dance videos. You might want to save this for the start of the summer holidays when you are looking for something to do!
Have a great day!