In order to use Learning Journals, you will need to create your own login details by providing us with your email address – you will then receive an email from Learning Journals with instructions on how to create a username, password and PIN number.
You can sign up to Learning Journals using the form at the bottom of this page and by doing so you are agreeing to the terms and conditions detailed below.
By signing up you are:
- giving permission for photographs of my child to be uploaded to Learning Journals platform.
- giving permission for my child’s photograph to be included in group images which may be shared on other pupils’ Learning Journals. If you do not wish your child to be in group images then please contact the school directly.
- agreeing that you will not give anyone access to your child’s learning journal or the images available.
Please read the following security information:
- Only you and relevant school staff (teachers and management team) can access your child’s profile using a unique username as well as a password and PIN that you create. Please do not share this information with others.
- Any data collected within the profile, including photos, are for personal use only and should not be published out with Learning Journals.
- All personal data, including photographs, email addresses and information about your child’s progress are stored securely, within the EU.
- Data will be retained for the time your child is a pupil at the school. If/when your child leaves the school for any reason all data will be deleted as part of the leaving procedures by administration staff. If your child moves to a school which also uses Learning Journals their profile will be temporarily archived by Learning Journals and made available once your child starts at the new school.
Each term your child will receive the following Learning Journal entries and you will be informed of these by email.
August – December: Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing
January – March: Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing
April – June: Literacy, Numeracy and Health and Wellbeing
It would be great if you could ‘like’ an observation when it has been published. There is also an option to leave comments on your child’s work however please note that teachers will not respond directly to any comments. Any queries or questions should go through the school in the usual manner.
All other areas will be covered at on your child’s class blog at some point during the year. These can be accessed by using the ‘Our Blogs’ menu item on the website.
In November 2019, Learning Journals launched a new app in the the App Store and Google Play Store. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of times you have to sign in and your child’s profile will be available at the press of an app! Click one of the images below to download: